Thursday, April 26, 2012

Why not in Missouri.

Arizona, Oregon, Nevada, Texas.  What is it that these states have that Missouri does not have?

A Democratic Gun Owners' Caucus.

Traditionally, Missouri is a red state largely due to the wedge issues that seperate the Conservative 'hinterland' from the Liberal urban areas.  Gun ownership (the individual right to bear arms) should not be one of the wedges used to keep this state's Democrats from public office.

I have been in contact with several of my elected officials.  It troubles me that I hear the familiar 'whistle words' of 'gun show loophole', 'assault weapons' and so forth.  These are just buzzwords made popular by pro gun restriction forces such as the Brady Group and Mayors Against Illegal Guns.  These terms need to be removed from the lexicon of OUR elected officials as they are code words for 'no private sales of personal property' and 'modern firearms'.

So far, my efforts have not produced much traction but I am digging in and will continue to post up when I have more information on the Missouri Blue Steel Democrats.

No comments:

Post a Comment